101 4th Street SE
Rochester, Mn 55904 (Map)
Law Enforcement response
Mon-Fri 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Dial 911 For Emergencies
Narcotics Tip Line
(This is a voicemail only line to leave tips or information)
The Investigative Division complements the patrol function by providing investigative expertise and case management to maximize the successful prosecution of criminals. The division also initiates enforcement action against known offenders.
The Investigative Division is currently divided into two units. One unit handles the traditional investigative functions, and the other focuses on proactive law enforcement tasks.
The Criminal Investigation Unit is comprised of the Person Crimes Unit and the Property Crimes Unit.
- The Persons Crimes Unit handles complicated or time-consuming investigations of crimes of violence against persons, including, but not limited to: homicide, sexual assault, robbery and child abuse.
- The Property Crimes Unit deals with crimes committed against property, including, but not limited to: theft, forgery, burglary and fraud cases.
The Criminal Interdiction Unit is comprised of Criminal Intelligence, Narcotics, School Liaison and Street Crimes Units.
- The Criminal Intelligence Unit gathers, analyzes, and disseminates information that can be used to recognize crime patterns, identify criminal suspects and reduce crime.
- The Narcotics Unit investigates narcotics related crimes, performs screening tests on substances believed to be controlled by statute, and initiates action against known offenders.
- The Street Crimes Unit has the responsibility to provide a proactive response to gangs and gang-related crime through prevention, intelligence gathering, detection and investigation. This unit also provides a proactive response to vice crimes such as human trafficking and prostitution, wanted fugitives, serious crime sprees and chronic neighborhood/ community criminal matters.